Mr. Pyle's experience encompasses most aspects of intellectual property, including prosecution, litigation, and transactional matters involving patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and unfair competition both domestically and abroad. Recent years have particularly emphasized domestic and foreign patent prosecution. The patent prosecution experience includes all facets of patent prosecution from the taking of invention disclosures and the filing applications to administrative appeals and post-administrative appeal procedures. International experience includes prosecution from filing through appeals and oral proceedings in many jurisdictions including, but not limited to, Europe and the Pacific Rim both directly and through the Patent Cooperation Treaty.
- Intellectual Property
- Trade Secrets
- Unfair Competition
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Federal and Fifth Circuits
- United States Supreme Court
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D.
- The University of Texas, B.S. Electrical Engineering
- Contributing Author, International Intellectual Property Anthology (Anthony D'Amato & Doris Estelle Long eds., 1996)
- Co-author, "An Overview of Intellectual Property Rights Abroad,"
- A variety of papers and presentations for Continuing Legal Education programs including the Houston Intellectual Property Association and the University of Houston